Sumner Highlands and Avison Young conducts all business in accordance with the Fair Housing Laws established by the Federal, State and County Regulations which prohibit discrimination against any person in residential real estate transactions because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, age and source of income.
- Employment - Must be currently employed with reference from employer or provide adequate proof of financial eligibility. If employed for less than two years, the prior employer information is required. Self employed applicants must provide the most recent copy of a 1040 Federal Income Tax Return signed by a preparer. Gross annual income is combined and entered into the credit scoring model. Additional sources of income may be considered.
- Resident History - Rental or ownership history applicant must have made timely payments and complied with lease terms. If at current address less than two years, an acceptable prior residence reference must be provided.
- Credit and Criminal History - A credit and criminal history search is performed on all adult applicants, 18 years of age or older, through a credit reporting agency, Registry-Safe Rent. Derogatory information obtained may be grounds for denial of the application, subject to the provisions adopted by local jurisdictions. The results are entered into a credit scoring model, which determines applicant eligibility to rent and security deposit level. Unfavorable accounts, which negatively impact the score, include, but are not limited to: collections, charge offs, and current delinquency.
- A criminal search is run for all addresses at which applicant has resided the last 24 months. The applicant will be rejected for reported criminal related activities that have occurred within the last ten years prior to making application.
- Photo Identification - All adult occupants are required to provide photo identification. This can be a valid drivers license, government issued identification, or a valid passport.
- Income - The following income guides below must be met. Evidence of three consecutive paychecks is required to complete the application. The ratio of income to rent is 30%.
- One Bedroom; Maximum 2 Persons; Rental Rates; $1,595-$1,795; Minimum Qualifying Income $58,000-$62,000
- Two Bedrooms; Maximum 4 Persons; Rental Rates; $1,895-$2,225; Minimum Qualifying Income $76,000-$82,000
- Pets - Pets are permitted, however breed restrictions do apply. Additional deposit and monthly per rent are required. Please ask Leasing Consultant for more information.
- Application - Must be completed by each adult eighteen (18) years of age or older. All occupants must be listed. Any fraudulent information or misrepresentation provided during the application process is grounds for denial of an apartment. Completion does not constitute a lease agreement. All documentation must be submitted within three business days from date of application.
- Roomates - Each Leaseholder is jointly and severally responsible for the rental payment and compliance with all lease terms. All security deposit refunds are made in the name of all leaseholders upon vacating.
- Fees - Application Fee: $35.00 per adult applicant. Non-refundable. Due at time of application.
- Deposits - Security Deposit: $1,000 (Refundable) to qualified applicants or $175 Surety Bond (Non-refundable). Due at time of application.
- If the applicant(s) cancel after being notified of their acceptance, the deposit will be applied to lost rent (after 5 days of notification). If the applicant(s) are not accepted for residency for any reason deposit will be refunded.
- Lease Terms Six months, one year, or two years.
Resident selection criteria and rental rates are subject to change at any time.